09 Jan World Hijab Day 1st February
Info from Ellie Lloyd:
“I am the Ambassador for Qatar for World Hijab Day 2018. I have created a FB event for Qatar with details and events and will be updating it regularly.
WHD is to encourage all women to try the hijab for one day, February 1st. It is a non profit organisation and is not about converting people’s religions it is about showing solidarity to Muslim women and to help fight the bigotory , discrimination and prejudice that they face, to stand together against religious intolerance and hate. Please like and share my page so we can make this a big event this year in Qatar for women of all religions, nationalities and walks of life.
For more information on WHD please visit www.worldhijabday.com
The website gives plenty of information regarding the organisation and it’s ethos. I posted the link to the FB page so that people can see the events, stories etc relating to WHD directly rather than separately posting on your page with information. I intend to run talks in schools, mall exhibits and a ladies lunch as part of the campaign here in Qatar.”
These are some ways you can help make the ‘World Hijab Day’ event successful, insha’Allah.
- Update your Facebook profile picture with World Hijab Day 2018 campaign frame using this link: https://goo.gl/Kh1Qiv
- Join and invite your friends to Facebook event page: https://www.facebook.com/events/1755651491120522/
- Print out World Hijab Day Flyers , Brochures and post it in your Masjid, School, University, etc. And, don’t forget to hand it out to the public!
- Call up your non-Hijabi and non-Muslim friends and inform them about World Hijab Day! And, show them your support. This could be a day where you get together to wear the Hijab.
- Inform your local Imams about World Hijab Day and request them to give khutbah (sermon) on hijab during Friday prayer. Ask them to encourage sisters to wear the Hijab on February1st, insha’Allah.
- Set up a Hijab table at your local Masjid and/or at your school, university, etc.
- Send out an e-mail to all of your friends informing them about World Hijab Day.
- Share and upload the World Hijab Day video on youtube, facebook, twitter, instagram, etc.
We try to keep this information up to date but if you notice that something needs updating then please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org